20 Madrona Avenue
This stunning four bedroom, three and a half bath Shingle style home was built with impeccable attention to detail by its current owners. The house perches on a private, street-to-street lot, cloaked in mature landscaping on the eastern flank of Belvedere Island, with sparkling views encompassing the Belvedere Lagoon, Angel Island, and the Tiburon ridge.
Two charming gates open to short stairways into the lush front garden, with a fountain and pond, and the entrance to the house just beyond. Inside, the entry foyer leads down a handful of stairs to the lovely living room, an atmospheric circular sitting area, and an adjacent den with fireplace, all bathed in light and views. French doors next to the fireplace lead out onto a large, gracious deck that wraps around two sides of the house and overlooks the Belvedere Lagoon.
The open floor plan connects the living and dining areas with the bright, open kitchen, featuring a large marble-clad center island, a built-in banquette, two sinks with built-in water purification systems and instant hot water dispenser, and top-of-the-line appliances, including a Sub-Zero refrigerator, two Viking ovens, a five burner Thermador cooktop, two Miele dishwashers, and a Viking wine refrigerator.
On the upper level, just inside the foyer to the right, is the powder room and the entrance to the master bedroom suite, a peaceful haven with fireplace, luxurious spa bath, and generous walk-in closet. Downstairs are three additional bedrooms, two full baths, the laundry room, a large storage room, and a large deck that spans the length of the house.
Stone steps lead from the decks down to a large finished studio/workshop on the lowest level of the house. Steps continue to a gate at the bottom of the lot, opening onto a private parking pad bordering the street below. Mature trees and greenery surround the gardens, lawns, and wraparound decks, providing both privacy and ample opportunities for indoor/outdoor entertaining. This is Belvedere living at its finest.
- 3,560 +/- square foot Shingle style home
- 10,098 +/- square foot lot
- Four bedrooms plus den
- Three and a half baths
- Bucolic views of the Belvedere Lagoon, Angel Island, and the Tiburon hills
- Private lot with gardens, fountain and pond, two lawns, and mature landscaping
- Gourmet kitchen with Sub-Zero, Viking, Thermador, and Miele appliances, two sinks, built-in water purification system, an oversized marble-clad island, and banquette
- Fireplaces in the living room, den, and master bedroom
- Large studio/workshop with sink
- Ample storage
- Two car garage, plus off-street parking for three additional cars
- Walking distance to the San Francisco Yacht Club, the Belvedere Park and Playground, and charming downtown Tiburon’s shops and restaurants
- Easy commute to San Francisco by ferry from Tiburon or by car across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Award-winning Reed Union Elementary and Middle School District and Tamalpais Union High School District
Belvedere Island was originally settled by the wealthy of San Francisco in the nineteenth century as a summer retreat from the fog and chill of the city. The island is now connected to the Tiburon Peninsula, though it retains its own feel with its verdant hillsides, secluded winding roads, and hidden stairways. Money Magazine ranked Belvedere as one of the top ten places to live in the world, and this home exemplifies the reasons why.
Moments from Belvedere Park, The San Francisco Yacht Club, downtown Tiburon's restaurants, shops, award-winning schools, and frequent ferries to San Francisco, this is an ideal home for families, couples who enjoy entertaining, and executives looking for the ultimate commute.